PHM-Exch> Conference on conflicts of interest in health and nutrition governance: Geneva this week

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat May 19 02:42:43 PDT 2018

From: Judith Richter <judith.richter at bluewin.ch>
At the Geneva Press Club and webcast with 144 hits, but deserving many,
many more downloads.

Here is the link. Could you bring it to the attention of as many others as
possible?

IBFAN-GIFA (2018) "Health governance in the public interest? - WHO
redefines conflicts of interest and risks undermining public health
mandates,

http://pressclub.ch/health-governance-in-the-public-interest/?lang=en."

WHO IS being redefined into a broker of public-private hybrids. And if we
read the correspondence correctly, right now Ted Turners’ UN Foundation is
helping to build/engineer a new PP-“movement” to celebrate 40 years of the
Alma-Ata Declaration…

We hope corporate accountability networks such as IBFAN, HAI, PHM, WPHNA
and others can say: We are the movement to delegitimize what is being done
by WHO right now (also concerning commerciogenic malnutrition in the NCDs
arena)

May we bring WHO back to its mandate to work for Health for All - including
its coordinating function for HFA and regulatory role.