PHM-Exch> A newly published commentary on the election of the regional director of the WHO EMRO

Hani Serag hserag at phmovement.org
Tue May 1 20:39:54 PDT 2018

New leadership for the WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean:
exceptional election in an exceptional time

The comment is published in The Lancet and it provides analysis of the
situation in the region and its impact on the urgent duties of the new
regional director.

https://www.thelancet.com/pb-assets/Lancet/pdfs/S0140673618310298.pdf?utm_campaign=lancet&utm_content=70733431&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
.

Kind regards,
Hani

--
Hani Serag
People's Health Movement (PHM)

*The PHM is a global network* bringing together grassroots health
activists, civil society organizations and academic institutions from
around the world. Guided by the People’s Charter for Health
<http://www.phmovement.org/en/resources/charters/peopleshealth?destination=home>
(PCH), PHM works on various programmes and activities and is committed to
Comprehensive Primary Health Care and addressing the Social, Environmental
and Economic Determinants of Health.

We welcome contributions/donations from individuals and organizations who
believe in our vision and philosophy to support and sustain the activities
of the PHM. This enables the PHM to remain uncompromising and independent
in the stands we take. Your donation will contribute to movement building,
development of resources for evidence-based advocacy, strengthening policy
dialogue at different levels, and strengthening the ‘Health for All’
campaign as a platform for experience exchange and joint action.  Donate
now to PHM <http://www.phmovement.org/en/phm/donate>.