PHM-Exch> WABA is offering Warm Chain of support for breastfeeding seed grants

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Apr 25 09:55:35 PDT 2018

From: World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) <waba at waba.org.my>

Warm Chain of support for breastfeeding seed grants

Dear Breastfeeding Advocates/Supporters,

Greetings from the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA)

We are pleased to inform you that WABA is offering Warm Chain of support
for breastfeeding seed grants that will catalyse activities to protect,
promote and support the links of the warm chain. This is in line with the
Warm Chain of Support campaign that strives to link different actors by
coordinating efforts at all levels to provide a continuum of care, from
conception to the postpartum period and up to two years of age. WABA and
its’ partners aim to explore and develop a conceptual framework that can
help to ensure that effective support is coordinated, integrated, and
scaled up in health services and the community to achieve sustained high
breastfeeding rates around the world.

Applications with projects that focus on either starting a project or
strengthening an existing effort to create an enabling environment for
mother to continue breastfeed will be considered. The amount for a seed
grant will range between USD 1000–USD 3000 per project. We welcome projects
with a range of supportive interventions and best practice models that can
be adapted widely to support a breastfeeding mother.

Application process

   -

   Read and refer to the Warm Chain of support for breastfeeding seed
   grants concept note
   <https://waba.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9c4737de875c6fa12b87991e8&id=e2355ad10f&e=858833e631>on
   our Warm Chain of support for breastfeeding webpage
   <https://waba.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9c4737de875c6fa12b87991e8&id=8c13007677&e=858833e631>
   .
   -

   Fill up the online application form
   <https://waba.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9c4737de875c6fa12b87991e8&id=882f6b50b2&e=858833e631>
   .
   -

   Submit the completed online form before Friday 11 May 2018.
   -

   Announcement for the selected projects will be made at the end of May
   2018.

Thank you and we look forward to receiving applications on promising and
innovative projects that will protect, promote and support the links of the
warm chain.