PHM-Exch> Announcement of the 2018 World Breastfeeding Week 2018

Guess Nyirenda guessnyirenda at
Mon Jan 15 00:28:11 PST 2018

 Hi Claudio,I must admit that this is a perfect slogan. I like it. Thanks.Guess

    On Monday, January 15, 2018, 6:12:19 AM GMT+2, Claudio Schuftan <cschuftan at> wrote:
 From: Pei Ching Chuah <peiching.chuah at>

In a world filled with inequality, crises and poverty,breastfeeding is the foundation of lifelong good health for babies and mothers.We are excited to announce the slogan of World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2018:

Breastfeeding:Foundation of Life

Breastfeeding prevents hunger and malnutrition in all its forms,and ensures food security for babies, even in times of crises. With noadditional burden on household income, breastfeeding is a low-cost way offeeding babies and contributes to poverty reduction. Nutrition, food securityand poverty reduction are fundamental to the achievement of the United Nation’sSustainable Development Goals.

Objectives of #WBW2018

1.      INFORM people about​ ​how​​breastfeeding​ ​is linked to​ ​nutrition,​ ​food​ ​security​ ​and​ ​povertyreduction

2.      ANCHOR breastfeeding within thenutrition, food security and poverty reduction agenda

3.      ENGAGE with​ ​individuals/organisations​​working​ ​on​ ​these​ ​issues

4.      GALVANISE action to​​advance​ ​breastfeeding​ ​as​ ​part​ ​of​ ​nutrition,​ ​food​ ​security and​​poverty​ ​reduction​ ​strategies

We all have an important role to play in ensuring the growth, development andsurvival of children around the world.

Stay connected for more updates on http://worldbreastfeedingweek. org/

PHM-Exchange People's Health Movement
- To post, write to: PHM-Exchange at
- To view the archive, receive one weekly posting with all the week's postings, edit your subscription's options or unsubscribe, please go to the PHM-Exchange webpage: