PHM-Exch> World Breastfeeding Costing Initiative (WBCi) and its tool

Claudio Schuftan schuftan at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:03:10 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lida Lhotska <lida.lhotska at gifa.org>
Date: Tue, May 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Subject: Fwd: can you send this to Thomas or to Claudio ?
To: Claudio Schuftan <schuftan at gmail.com>, Arun Gupta <arun at ibfanasia.org>

From: Arun Gupta <arun at ibfanasia.org>
from: Lida Lhotska <lida.lhotska at gifa.org>

Dear Friends,
For those who are in Geneva, IBFAN is please to invite you this important
side event organised by IBFAN in partnership with MOH Afganisthan and WHO.
For more information on the side event:
http://ibfan.org/world-health-assembly-side-event.

 *WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY SIDE-EVENT:*

World Breastfeeding Costing Initiative (WBC*i*) and its tool

*Wednesday 21 May, 2014 | 17.45 – 19.00hrs. | Room IX Palais des Nations,
Geneva, Switzerland*

 Analysis of political commitment for breastfeeding reveals that investment
for breastfeeding is necessary and needs strengthening. Development of
realistic budgets to support implementation of evidence-based interventions
that protect, promote and support optimal breastfeeding is however a
complex task.  International Baby Food Action Network(IBFAN) has developed
a user-friendly tool to estimate resources required for policy and
programme implementation in the framework of the *Global strategy for
infant and young child feeding*. At this briefing an advocacy paper, *“The
Need to invest in Babies”* and *the new tool,* which allows costing of such
interventions, will be introduced and discussed.

*Programme*

17:45 – 17:50      WELCOME AND INTRODUCTORY REMARKS

Lida Lhotska |  *Regional Coordinator -  IBFAN Europe*

17:50 – 18:00      BACKGROUND OF THE TOOL: HOW  WBC*I* AND WBT*I* HAS
EVOLVED