PHM-Exch> Food for an extreme thought

Claudio Schuftan schuftan at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:00:18 PDT 2014

Human Rights Reader 339

*IN TIMES OF EXTREME HUMAN RIGHTS NEGLECT AND OF EXTREME ECONOMIC AND
ENVIRONMENTAL PLUNDER, EXTREME MEASURES ARE NEEDED*

-A specter is haunting (not only) Europe: The specter of human rights.

-The MDGs never were a global agenda for development; now we need one.

It is never too late to recap on the MDGs. The question is: Are we going to
learn? In ‘the post 2015 era’, we cannot simply extend and supplement the
MDGs. It is not about reformulating, dropping or adding goals, but about a
global systemic reform to remove the major constraints to development as we
have them now. Development is much more than the sum total of the MDGs…or
any collection of specific targets.

For the full Reader, go to

http://www.socialmedicine.org/?p=6776

Claudio