PHM-Exch> EFFECTIVE HEALTH CENTRE COMMITTEES CAN BRING LIFE INTO OUR? HEALTH SYSTEMS

Bernard bernardkunda1941 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 17:42:07 PDT 2014

I totally agree with what has been written that H. C. C. can bring life into our health systems.
In Zambia these Committes are poorly funded. The H. C. C.members are volunteers for aperiod of two years. Most of these come with a view of earning a living and once they discover that their hopes come to nothing they become inactive and zones where they come from suffer greatly.
We need members who have the spirit of volunteerism with or no financial gains for them. The tenure of office for two years for volunteers, in some cases, removed. In some cases, you will find effective volunteers are removed because of their two year period has come to an end. Once person leaves, it has hard for him/her to come back.