PHM-Exch> Fwd: New facility for online donation to PHM

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Feb 27 17:51:10 PST 2014

From: Hani Serag <hserag at phmovement.org>

Dear friends,

Based on the discussions during the latest CoCo meeting in Thailand, the
secretariat searched different alternative to make the online donations to
the PHM easier and to be directly deposited in the PHM bank account hosted
by M3M. We found that using PayPal is the most convenient:

   - It charges very small operational fees; fixed 30 cents on any
   transaction + little percent of the donated amount.
   - It accepts donations through using credit and debt cards (Visa,
   MasterCard and American express) with or without the necessity of having
   PayPal account.
   - It is easy to setup (already developed and available at the PHM
   website).
   - The donations reaches M3M bank account very quick (tested)

Thanks to M3M for taking a very quick action to setup a PayPal for the PHM
(Thanks Wim). Now, we have a button for online donations via PayPal at our
website (please refer to http://www.phmovement.org/en/phm/donate. there is
also a link to the donate page on the front page of our website in two
places (the top bar and one of the boxes in the right column).

We have tested this account through making a small donation and the money
reached the bank account of M3M. It took 2 minutes to make the donation and
Wim confirmed the receipt of money the very next day (may it it only took
hours).

The secretariat has circulated an appeal on the PHM-exchange. All of you
should have seen it, if not, please consult your PHM-exchange inbox folder!
It would be great of you can help in wider distribution of this appeal to
your local and regional mailing lists.

I wish to thank M3M represented by Wim once again for the great support and
the very quick action.

Kind regards,
Hani

--
Hani Serag
Associate Coordinator, Global Secretariat - Cairo Office