PHM-Exch> Food for an angry, brave and creative thought

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Nov 2 14:05:59 PDT 2013

Human Rights Reader 327

*THE ABC TRILOGY:  AT ALL TIMES, HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS MUST BE ANGRY,
BRAVE AND CREATIVE.*

[I dedicate this Reader primarily to share some of the enlightened
aphorisms about activism of Dato Anwar Fazal the Malaysian long-time
activist and dear friend].

*Aphorisms by Anwar Fazal:*

·      Light a candle rather than curse the darkness; do whatever you can,
even if it seems little.

·      The Power of Five: Combine the power of one (individual as a change
agent); with the power of many (joining hands with gender, ecology, justice
and other networks and movements); with the power of the halo (spiritual
traditions); with the power of information (good research and creative
communications); with the power of success (every victory, however small,
must be celebrated; good work inspires more good work).

·      Social cohesion leading to joint action is a symptom of political
maturity.

·      You can do it, you must do it, you will do it. And yes, we will.
(citing the Intergalactic Commission) .....

For the full Reader, go to

http://wp.me/plAxa-1IZ

Claudio