PHM-Exch> Big business determines priorities for WHO? (2)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Fri Oct 18 10:50:23 PDT 2013

From: Ronald Labonte <rlabonte at uottawa.ca>

 Very well stated by Alison. Although much of my own work of late has
focused on NCDs (notably the trade and investment liberalization dimensions
in e.g. the ‘nutrition transition’ and increased tobacco use in low- and
middle-income countries), I, too, have been troubled by the lack of
attention to persisting and dramatic inequities in health due to infectious
disease. That the drivers of both infectious disease and NCDs can be traced
back to structural inequities residing in our globalized neoliberal economy
is rarely addressed.

** **
personal web: www.globalhealthequity.ca/content/ronald-labonte

****