PHM-Exch> COP19 Train to Warsaw and March for Justice 15-17 November

Natalie Eggermont natalie.eggermont at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 04:11:02 PDT 2013

Dear PHM friends,

Save the date! The weekend of 15th November a train is leaving Brussels for
a trip to the COP19 in Warsaw.

This year’s international climate negotiations, the Conference of the
Parties, take place in Warsaw, Poland, from 11 to 22 November. During the
middle weekend, on Saturday 16th, there will be a *manifestation* under the
heading “System Change not Climate Change”. The manifestation aims to bring
together environmental, social and syndicalist movements to push for an
agreement that is socially just and environmentally systainable. The
current official discourse, focusing on green growth and technological
innovation, will benefit mostly the business sector and a transnational
elite while depletion of natural resources and human rights violations will
continue. We should not remain silent during the negotiations but call for
a just transition, one that will benefit all!

The Belgian network, Climate and Social Justice, is organizing a

*special activist
train to Warsaw* to get people there in great number, like they did in 2009
for the March in Copenhagen. We will be leaving Brussels Friday 15th in the
afternoon and can make extra stops in Aachen, Köln, Berlin and Poznán to
pick up passengers. We’ll be back Monday 18th, early in the morning. Free
accommodation will be arranged for train passengers in schools in Warsaw.
The Campaign against Climate Change (UK) has arranged a coach from London
to Brussels <http://www.campaigncc.org/international/solidarity/Warsaw1> to
join the train.

*Mass mobilization can’t happen without mass, and certainly not without you!
*

   - Reserve your seat or whole wagon (for organizations) on the train
   - Spread the word amongst friends, relatives, colleagues, strangers
   - Support the initiative financially

All info and registration: www.climatejustice.eu
(four languages).

We are looking forward to welcoming you on the train, don’t miss it!

Natalie Eggermont
Climate and Social Justice – train organizing team
People’s Health Movement
www.climatejustice.eu

--

*"Great needs spring from great wealth; and often the best way of getting
what we want is to get rid of what we have" -* Favorin