PHM-Exch> Food for a chess game’s thought

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Jul 6 12:25:46 PDT 2013

Human Rights Reader 319

*IS IT CORRECT TO SAY THAT THE ENJOYMENT OF ALL HUMAN RIGHTS IS TO BE
CONCEIVED PER-SE AS A POLITICAL RIGHT OF ALL CITIZENS?*

Let me start with a truism: The word ‘politics’ has been manipulated much
so that it means everything and means nothing depending on the eye of the
beholder.

Moreover, within any important issue in life, there are always aspects few
wish to discuss. Politics is such an issue. In our day and age though there
is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics’. All issues are political
issues. Human rights are no exception.

Ultimately, it is politics that matters for human rights, not so much
economics (or culture or geography). Why? Because both economic and human
rights end results actually reflect political realities.

For the full Reader, go to

http://wp.me/plAxa-1Il

Claudio