PHM-Exch> Video on Antibiotic Resistance

Claudio Schuftan schuftan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 23:26:01 PDT 2013

From: shila kaur <kaur_shila at yahoo.com>
Coordinator
Health Action International Asia Pacific (HAIAP)
**
   **

   * *

Extending the Cure is excited to announce the release of our new
video<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=90331886&msgid=1080488&act=79BK&c=374186&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fcddep.org%2Fblog%2Fposts%2Fhow_can_everyone_help_preserve_antibiotics_new_video_extending_cure_explains>about
antibiotic resistance:
*Unstoppable Superbugs: Closer Than We Think?*
*Watch and share the video here:
**http://youtu.be/rIfvLp1YHmE*<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=90331886&msgid=1080488&act=79BK&c=374186&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FrIfvLp1YHmE>
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=90331886&msgid=1080488&act=79BK&c=374186&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FrIfvLp1YHmE>

Currently, antibiotic-resistant infections contribute to *99,000 deaths
each year* in the U.S., and the problem is getting worse. So what can the
concerned public do to help? As it turns out, *there’s a lot we can do. *
The 3-minute animated video explains the emergence of antibiotic resistance
and gives viewers a broad picture of the issue from a *natural resource
perspective*. It also serves as a call to action for concerned consumers,
parents, and patients to *limit their use of antibiotics *in order to
preserve their effectiveness for future generations. The video was made
possible by funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Please join us in sharing this video widely via email, blogs, and social
networking sites.
*CDDEP Facebook:
**https://www.facebook.com/cddep*<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=90331886&msgid=1080488&act=79BK&c=374186&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcddep>
*CDDEP Twitter:
**https://twitter.com/CDDEP*<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=90331886&msgid=1080488&act=79BK&c=374186&destination=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FCDDEP>
We greatly appreciate your help in spreading this important message, and
thank you for your commitment to keeping our antibiotics working.

* *
*If you are a reporter and would like to speak with Extending the Cure,
please contact Alison Buki at buki at cddep.org, 202-328-5152. *