PHM-Exch> PAKISTAN: The street children have the right to survival and protection from abuse and exploitation

amir murtaza amirmurtaza at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 20:29:43 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues & friends,

On the occasion of International Day for
Street Children: 12th April, I would like to share my article, PAKISTAN:
The street children have the right to survival and protection from abuse and
exploitation, for your perusal.

The
International Day for Street Children is celebrated every year on 12th April.
The Street Children Day was launched in 2011 by the Consortium for Street
Children (CSC) to create a broader awareness about the issue of street children
all around the world. The Consortium for Street Children (CSC) is the leading
international network dedicated to realizing the rights of street children
worldwide. According to the CSC, “This
year we are demanding that the United Nations recognizes the Day, so that
street children and their champions have a louder voice.”

The
phenomenon of street children have been growing rapidly and at present street
children are quite visible in big cities of the developing world, such as
Karachi, Mumbai, Manila, Sao Paulo, Mexico City and Durban.

Please read the article at http://www.humanrights.asia/news/ahrc-news/AHRC-ART-042-2013

Regards,

Amir Murtaza

Karachi,