PHM-Exch> From the Global Secretariat (2)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Jan 1 18:01:33 PST 2013

From: comradelumumba at gmail.com

Great job from the Secretariat!
Issues handled during PHA3 were massive in nature and the issue of health
for all impacts on the aspect of looking into migrants,so call refugees and
undocumented migrants.  PHM has got to take this seriously and to look into
policies that help marginalised and other fellow human beings discriminated
due to nationality. This is an idea to further unpack; we need this the
world over! PHM should work to further develop policies to challenges
discrimination on the basis of nationality! Health is far more important
for human being than a commodity!

  On the facebook issue, there may be old schoolers who refuse using it,
but we got to be careful not to act in a way that sidelines young activists
who want to be more involves via facebook! An accommodating approach should
be to look into it and to welcome more thoughts on this.
If facebook communications are backed by our People's Charter for Health,
then we should give the necessary room to make its use powerful politically.

Let us enter this new phase with renewed vigor to tackle tough issues in a
progressive way!

The struggle for a better health for all continues and our call to action
should be taken seriously!

A luta Continua!