PHM-Exch> Health Work Committees (Palestine) statement on Israeli aggression on Gaza

G3W - Wim De Ceukelaire wim at g3w.be
Mon Nov 19 00:57:18 PST 2012

  Health Work Committees Calls to Stop the Israeli Aggression on Gaza
                                 Strip

Gaza Strip is witnessing, for several days, an intensive Israeli
shelling that victimized hundreds of unarmed Palestinians between dead
and wounded while the world is watching passively. The attitudes of some
countries ranged between denunciation, condemnation and reprehension
which was not noticed by the occupier and continued threats to burn Gaza
taking advantage of the unlimited official U.S. support.

In front of this scene, it is imperative and a duty upon everyone to
abandon the idea that Israel is a state above the law, and must be
bridled from continuing its rabid war against unarmed civilians,
children, women and elderly and considered an international outlaw.

And on the foregoing, we, Health Work Committees emphasize the
following:

     1. Our full condemnation of the aggression on Gaza and our full
        solidarity with our people in Gaza Strip against the war of
        annihilation that is done under a U.S. cover and weapons.

     2. We call on the international community, that always adopt
        civilized values, ​​not to leave the occupation state continues
        its aggression and its threats to invade Gaza and killing its
        people so that everyone does not become partners in crime.

     3. We call on all national and international human rights
        organizations to activate their role and expose the war crimes
        that the occupation forces practicing against unarmed civilians
        in the Gaza Strip and to put pressure on their governments to
        stop the Israeli aggression and to ensure respect for human
        rights standards and principles of international humanitarian
        law in the occupied Palestinian territories.

     4. We call upon the United Nations and all its various bodies to
        intervene effectively, seriously and fast to protect more than a
        million and a half Palestinians who are subjected to systematic
        killing by the Israeli military machine, and to stop equalizing
        the victim with the executioner.

     5. We call upon our people to continue expressing their solidarity
        with their brothers in the Gaza Strip and helping them in the
        face of the war that is being waged on them, and conducting all
        necessary aid that strengthen and enhance their steadfastness
        and their survival.

     6. We call on the Ministry of Health in the West Bank, and all the
        health institutions, to provide everything needed for Gaza’s
        hospitals and clinics to relieve the pain and wounds of our
        people who are subjected to a tight siege for years.

     7. What is happening in Gaza emphasizes the need for national unity
        between all the parties in the political and popular arenas,
        which would enhance the steadfastness and block the occupation
        and its partners from singling out in Gaza, and close a painful
        page of our people’s history.

                                                  Health Work Committees

                                                            Nov 17, 2012

Wim De Ceukelaire
Geneeskunde voor de Derde Wereld - Médecine pour le Tiers Monde
Directeur - Executive director
tel: +32 (0) 2 209 23 53
www.g3w.be | Gezondheid, een kwestie van onrecht bestrijden
www.m3m.be | La santé, une question de lutte contre l'injustice