PHM-Exch> Global Health Check: Reflections on the AIDS Conference 2012: reasons for hope but the battle continues

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Aug 7 14:04:13 PDT 2012

From: Global Health Check <globalhealthcheckblog at gmail.com>

*Reflections on the AIDS Conference 2012: reasons for hope but the battle
continues *

by Mohga Kamal-Yanni

As the 19th AIDS conference drew to a close last week, I left Washington DC
with mixed feelings of hope and despair. Advances in science gave me hope
for the day we can cure HIV, yet pharmaceutical companies’ fierce fight for
control over existing and emerging technologies remind me of the battles
ahead. I was ...

http://www.globalhealthcheck.org/?p=974<http://globalhealthcheck.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1cf4b203990bc28d05e9f0295&id=f5efc9f846&e=8990abdd17>