PHM-Exch> Social participation and the right to health: Sharing and mapping experiences of collective action

Leslie London Leslie.London at uct.ac.za
Sat Jun 30 09:29:46 PDT 2012

The Learning Network for Health and Human Rights (South Africa), and the
National Campaign on Health and Social Security as Fundamental Right
(Colombia), in conjunction with colleagues from Guatemala (Walter
Flores) and Uganda (Moses Mulumba) will be hosting a series of workshops
at the People's Health Assembly taking place at the University of the
Western Cape from 6th to 11th July in Cape Town.

The workshops will focus on focusing on Social participation and the
right to health, exploring the different ways in which participation is
structured, mediated and facilitated as a vehicle for realising the
right to health, drawing on experiences from around the world.

We invite participants to bring their experiences of collective action
for the right to health to the workshop so that we can share and map
examples of good practice.

The workshops will take place as follows:
1) Main Hall, Sat 7th July, 17h00-19h00
2) Main Hall, Sun 8th July, 17h00-19h00
3) Main Hall, Mon 9th July, 17h00-19h00

If you are interested in participating and sharing your experiences
around spaces for community participation, please let us know so we can
allocate you time in the workshop agenda.

To let us know about your interest, you can contact either:

Leslie London at leslie.london at uct.ac.za
or
Walter Flores at wflores at worldwidedialup.net

We look forward to seeing you participate at this workshop and helping
to build stronger collective action for the right to health!!!

###

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###