PHM-Exch> New issue of Health and Human Rights now available

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Jun 21 17:29:39 PDT 2012

From: FXB HHR Journal <HHRJOURNAL at hsph.harvard.edu>
We are pleased to announce that Issue 14.1 of *Health and Human Rights*,
published by the FXB Center for Health and Human Rights at Harvard
University, is now live at hhrjournal.org. As editor-in-chief Paul Farmer
notes in his letter from the
editor<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/487/767>,
a number of papers in this issue help develop normative frameworks and
legal recourse to ensure accountability of health care delivery initiatives
around the globe. We encourage readers to share and discuss these important
articles.
We are currently accepting submissions for our forthcoming issue, which
will launch in December 2012. Please visit our website for author
guidelines<http://hhrjournal.org/author-guidelines.php>and information
on how
to submit <http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/about/submissions>. Table of
Contents
Issue 14.1 *Pillars for progress on the right to health: Harnessing the
potential of human rights through a Framework Convention on Global Health*
<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/483/751>*
Eric A. Friedman and Lawrence O. Gostin * *Bridging international law and
rights-based litigation: Mapping health-related rights through the
development of the Global Health and Human Rights Database
<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/473/750>**
Benjamin Mason Meier, Oscar A. Cabrera, Ana Ayala, Lawrence O. Gostin *
*Between the court and the clinic: Lawsuits for medicines and the right to
health in Brazil*
<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/484/770>*João Biehl,
Joseph J. Amon, Mariana P. Socal, Adriana Petryna*
New Zealand's National Health and Disability Advocacy Service: A successful
model of advocacy
<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/470/769>*Jean Drage *
*Brazilian policy responses to violence against women: Government strategy
and the help-seeking behaviors of women who experience violence
<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/464/728>**Ligia Kiss, Ana
Flavia Lucas d'Oliveira, Cathy Zimmerman, Lori Heise, Lilia Blima
Schraiber, Charlotte Watts*
*Child rights, right to water and sanitation, and human
security<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/479/736>
*
*Ross Pink *
*Filling the gap: A Learning Network for Health and Human Rights in the
Western Cape, South Africa*
<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/452/768>*Leslie London,
Nicolé Fick, **Khai Hoan Tram, Maria Stuttaford* *Human rights from the
grassroots up: Vermont's campaign for universal health
care<http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/article/view/456/752>
*
*Mariah McGill*

 hhrjournal at hsph.harvard.edu