PHM-Exch> PHA3: Financial Support

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sun Jun 17 12:03:43 PDT 2012

From: Anneleen De Keukelaere <anneleen at phmovement.org>

*
*For those who have not been contacted by their regional representative or
country representative of the PHM with regard to sponsorship for the PHA3,*

*
Many thanks for your interest in the PHA3. Raising funds for a health
movement and this sort of an event is extremely difficult and the global
financial crisis makes it all the more so. We have managed to raise support
for about 200 activists and speakers from around the world, but because of
the many applications we received, we had to make difficult decisions and
unfortunately we are not able to provide you the financial support for the
other over 1000 people who requested financial support for travel. Should
you be able to secure funds for your travel, we would be happy to support
your accommodation at the university residence – please contact
Pha3bookings at gmail.com for this.

The allocation of sponsored travel went predominantly to low income
countries and preference was given to people who have been active in the
movement as well as to young activists. *

*
We do hope you will be able to find funds for your travel so we can still
welcome you to PHA3, and we look forward to your further engagement with
PHM.

Please note that there will be daily youtube uploads of the PHA3 on our
website.*

--
Anneleen De Keukelaere
Global Networking Co-ordinator People's Health Movement

www.phmovement.org

Third People's Health Assembly - July 2012 - Cape Town
Join the Facebook group <https://www.facebook.com/#%21/groups/PHA3.global/>

Your chance to make PHA3 <http://www.phmovement.org/en/pha3> a grass roots
event! PHA3 <http://www.phmovement.org/en/pha3> is approaching, but there
is a shortage in funding for grassroots activists and organizations to
participate. We appeal for contributions (small or large) to support
participation of people from the South in the PHA3!

Please donate now <http://www.phmovement.org/en/pha3/donate> following this
link http://www.phmovement.org/en/pha3/donate