PHM-Exch> DGH 2012 Video Contest - Challenging Scarcity: Health Justice for all

dghinfo at dghonline.org dghinfo at dghonline.org
Sun Apr 8 10:25:55 PDT 2012

Doctors for Global Health 2012 Video Contest

Doctors for Global Health (DGH) is conducting it's first ever video contest: "Challenging Scarcity: Health Justice for all."

We are inviting individuals and/or groups to submit an original and creative video exploring their vision of scarcity today in support and in celebration of health justice.

At DGH, we defend that health begins where we live, work, and play, and therefore that "Health Justice" can be defined in the widest sense, recognizing that there are numerous socio-economic factors (social determinants of health) responsible for health inequities across the globe.

Pick up your camera and join the health justice challenge now!

Video submissions can be in any style or genre of video, including, but not limited to, narrative, experimental, film art/video art, documentary, music, and animation. The winning videos will be shown at the Doctors for Global Health 17th General Assembly in Boston on August 11th, and all entries will be posted online at dghonline.org and on our facebook page.

Criteria for evaluation

Entries will be evaluated on the basis of creativity; how well they express and connect to the values and theme of “Challenging Scarcity: Health Justice for all”; and finally, the production value and artistic merit of the videos themselves.

Rules for Participation

Duration: Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes.

Videos can be produced by teams, but should be made up of no more than 4 people.

Submitting a video includes a release for DGH to use that video in outreach materials, our website, etc.

Prizes!

First prize:

Free participation in this year's DGH general assembly in Boston, coming August.

Opportunity to participate in a documentary of Doctors for Global Health work on the field.
Other prizes include a selection of fair-trade handicrafts and relevant literature on global health. All entries will be posted online at dghonline.org and on our facebook page.  In this sense, all submissions are winners!

A selection of the entries that best follow the evaluation criteria will be featured at the Doctors for Global Health 17th General Assembly in Boston on August 11th.

How to submit your video?

Submit your video by providing its URL in the entry form by July 10, 2012 (for example by posting to youtube and sending us the link!)

Entries are judged by a panel of expert professionals selected by Doctors for Global Health

Entry Deadlines

All entries should be submitted by July 10 2012.

For any further questions, feel free to contact dghinquiries at gmail.com

Terms and Conditions

Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules. The contest commences at 12 a.m. Eastern Time on April 8th, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 10th, 2012. The contest is sponsored by Doctors for Global Health, PO Box 1761, Decatur, GA 30031, USA

Eligibility: All submissions must be completely original and 5 minutes or less to qualify. Applicants are allowed to submit up to three entries. Entry is open to all persons, especially students. DGH board members are not eligible to participate.

Winners: A jury panel organized by Doctors for Global Health will select three finalists from all qualifying contest submissions by July 25th, 2012. Finalists will be notified by July 26th by e-mail or by telephone if finalist does not have an e-mail address. After this, the contest will continue on our facebook page, where the video with most likes will receive the first prize (facebook voting period from July 26th until 11:59pm Eastern Time on August 3rd 2012. All decisions by Doctors for Global Health in regard to this contest are final. Submitting an entry constitutes 	permission for Doctors for Global Health to screen your video and use for publicity/outreach purposes.

Prizes: Finalists will receive a selection of fair-trade handicrafts and relevant literature on global health. One “facebook  favorite” winner will also receive registration paid for you to the Boston GA, and the opportunity to participate in a documentary of Doctors for Global Health work on the field.

The finalists will also receive the opportunity and screening of video during the DGH General Assembly on August 11th, 2012

Conduct: By participating, you agree to be bound by these rules. Decisions by the judges are final and binding in all respects. Doctors for Global Health reserves the right at its discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, either in person or by electronic submission; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.