PHM-Exch> Stakeholder Dialogue in Preparation for the 65th World Health Assembly - where else?

Thomas Schwarz MMI schwarz at medicusmundi.org
Wed Apr 4 06:48:39 PDT 2012

"Good governance starts at home"
(favourite quote of many WHO delegates)

I refer to a notice posted on IP-health: The US Health and Human Services
Department invites for a "Stakeholder listening session in preparation for
the 65th World Health Assembly": "The Stakeholder Listening Session will
help the HHS's Office of Global Affairs prepare for the World Health
Assembly by taking full advantage of the knowledge, ideas, feedback, and
suggestions from all communities interested in and affected by agenda items
to be discussed at the 65th World Health Assembly. Your input will
contribute to US positions as we negotiate these important health topics
with our international colleagues."

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/04/02/2012-7738/stakeholder-li
stening-session-in-preparation-for-the-65th-world-health-assembly

This is remarkable. I wonder in which countries this kind of pre-WHA
stakeholder dialogue is organized in a similar way. In the UK, I suppose -
but I do not know the details. Where else? If there are enough examples, I
will publish a collection of "best practices" before this year's World
Health Assembly.

Thomas Schwarz, Executive Secretary

Medicus Mundi International Network

Murbacherstrasse 34, CH-4013 Basel