PHM-Exch> Medical and Legal Aspects of Providing Care during Political Protests

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Mar 27 20:00:25 PDT 2012

From: Matt Anderson <bronxdoc at gmail.com>

The Albert Einstein College of Medicine has just posted (in three parts)
our social medicine rounds on Medical and Legal Aspects of Providing Care
during Political Protests.  It is largely devoted to street medics and we
had three excellent speakers: a paramedic, a physician, and a lawyer, all
of whom were street medics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHCiAUH1eIQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y6I7ep9WAc&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwJqutLIGFA&feature=relmfu

I remain interested in hearing back from the PHM community (and others)
about their experiences with providing care during protests.  Our number
one problem remains the abusive behavior of the New York City Police
Department; I expect others face similar problems and we would love to know
of your experiences/advice.

 Matt