PHM-Exch> Deadline 15 March: PHA3 Programme consultation

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Mar 14 05:49:11 PDT 2012

From: PHM Global Secretariat <globalsecretariat at phmovement.org>

*Deadline:  Thursday 15 March 2012*

Dear PHM friends,

Greetings from the global secretariat!

As you might be aware, the deadline for commenting and contributing to the
PHA3 program is approaching!  One more day is left before approaching the
deadline of 15 March 2012. We look forward welcoming your comments,
suggestions and ideas on the PHA3 program.

Please find below the suggested structure of the program, the process for
submitting suggestions and some guiding questions.

*Plenary*

*7th July*

*(P1) The Global Political and Economic context of health*

9.00-10.30

Sub-Plenary

P1.1. Neoliberal Globalisation and the financial crisis

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P1.2. Trade and Health

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P1.3. Migration and Displacement

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P1.4. War, Occupation and Resistance

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P1.5. TNCs – Health Impact and Regulation

11.00-12.30

*Plenary*

*8th July*

*(P2) Social and physical Environments that destroy or promote health*

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P2.1. Food Security

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P2.2. Gender and Equity

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P2.3. Climate Crisis

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P2.4. Water & Sanitation

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P2.5. Racism and Xenophobia

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P2.6. Urban Environment

11.00-12.30

*Plenary*

*9th July*

*(P3) Promoting universal coverage and equity in integrated health systems*

9.00-10.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.1. Primary Health Care

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.2. Politics of Health Care Financing

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.3. Human Resources for Health

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.4. Access to Medicines

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.5. Global Governance for Health

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.6. for Profit Health Care

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P3.7. Lessons from HIV for Health Systems Policy

 11.00-12.30

*Plenary*

*10th July*

*(P4) Beyond the Current Crisis: Mobilising for Health for All*

9.00-10.30

Sub-Plenary

P.4.1. Historical analysis of pathways for change

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P.4.2. Experiences in the Right To Health campaign

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P.4.3. New Movements: ‘Arab Spring’, ‘occupy’ movements

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P.4.4. Students for Global Health

11.00-12.30

Sub-Plenary

P.4.5. Health literacy: Organising against HIV-AIDS

11.00-12.30

*Do send your comments on: *

·         the suggested themes and sub-themes of the Assembly

·         suggestions regarding speakers, testimonies, A/V presentations,
for one or more of the suggested sessions.

Each session (plenary and sub-plenary) is of 90 minutes and can
accommodate, ideally, two keynote presenters and two testimonies. We want
to allow reasonable time for discussion, so will have to limit the number
of speakers per session.

*When sending your suggestions, do keep the following in mind:*

1) The purpose of this consultation on the programme for PHA3 is primarily
to ensure that the programme reflects the priorities and concerns of
country circles, networks and others, associated with the PHM.

2) When sending alternate suggestions for the themes and sub-themes, please
do add a few lines regarding why you think your suggestions will add value
to the programme

3) When suggesting names of people for the programme do specify the
following:

a) The full name of the person

b) Contact details of the person suggested (at least the current email
address)

c) A few lines about the person suggested, to understand how she/he would
fit into the programme

d) The language in which the suggested speaker would speak

Based on the comments and suggestions we receive, and consultations within
the programme committee of PHA-3, we shall share the next draft of the
PHA-3 programme by the end of March.

*We look forward to your active participation in building the programme for
PHA-3. All comments should be sent to: Program_consultation at phmovement.org*

Anneleen De Keukelaere

On behalf of the PHA3 Programme Committee

--
Global Secretariat
People's Health Movement (PHM)
Email: globalsecretariat at phmovement.org