PHM-Exch> Your ideas for action in UNAIDS strategy on young people and HIV needed!

tometissi pacome tometissi1 at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 4 04:21:10 PST 2012

Your ideas for action in UNAIDS strategy on young people and HIV needed!

We are excited to announce that CrowdOutAIDS has achieved two
significant milestones and now moves into the find solutions phase!

The next couple of weeks CrowdOutAIDS will focus on high level strategic
 interactions with you to agree on actions to include in the new
strategy document. This will be done via a new application on the
CrowdOutAIDS website: www.crowdoutaids.org

The app allows YOU to suggest and vote up concrete actions that you
think should be included in the new UNAIDS strategy on young people and
HIV.

Based on preliminary analysis of key concerns and recommendations
expressed in the Open Online and Offline forums, we have developed 7
strategic areas for action. For each area we have formed a question as
well as a background rationale. Actions can be voted up and down by the
crowd.

Click on the links to submit your actions for each of the strategic priority areas:

		Strategic partnerships http://ow.ly/8H2BH
		Transparent participation http://ow.ly/8H2CG
		Increase (out) reach http://ow.ly/8H2HW
		Leverage innovation http://ow.ly/8H2B8
		Accessible information http://ow.ly/8H2Ew
		Smarter funding http://ow.ly/8H2FG
		Skills for leadership http://ow.ly/8H2GG

Introducing CrowdOutAIDS Drafting Committee members

Your suggestions in the solutions app will be worked into the strategy
by the Online Drafting Committee. The 10 selected young men and women
will spend the next couple of weeks analyzing the data collated from all
 the Online and Offline Forums, using different online tools to work
collaboratively to finalize the strategy.

The actual drafting will be done via a GoogleDocs application. All
CrowdOutAIDS participants will be able to comment on the content of the
strategy as it is drafted in real time.

Building momentum

The CrowdOutAIDS team presented the project progress thus far to UNAIDS Executive Director Mr Michel Sidibé.
 Mr Sidibé asked us to convey that he will be following the work of the
drafting committee and the participants closely as we move to finalize
the strategy. We are also planning an online event with Mr Sidibé
towards the middle of February where you will be able to interact
directly with the Executive Director.

Connections for shared knowledge

With active participation from all different regions of the world,
CrowdOutAIDS has connected over 5 000 young people in online and offline
 forums. You have shared your experience and ideas on youth
participation, leadership and HIV. We thank you all for your willingness
 to participate, and look forward to take the next step in the process
with you via the CrowdOutAIDS solution app!

Don’t forget to share this newsletter with your network!
Forward it to at least five young people who are active in your
community.