PHM-Exch> Gates Foundation Pledges $750 Million to Global Fund

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Jan 26 22:49:20 PST 2012

From: vern weitzel <vern.weitzel at gmail.com>
*From: *Phi Huynhdo <phihuynhdo at gmail.com>

Gates Foundation Pledges $750 Million to Global Fund

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation announced it is committing $750 million
to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis, and
malaria<http://www.care2.com/greenliving/malaria-drug-breakthrough-made.html

.
“These are tough economic times, but that is no excuse for cutting aid to
the world’s poorest. The Global Fund is one of the most effective ways we
invest our money every year. By supporting the Global Fund, we can help to
change the fortunes of the poorest countries in the world. I can’t think of
more important work.”
– Bill Gates, co-chair of the Gates Foundation

The Global Fund works to create economic opportunity and to help people
living in poverty<
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/green-jobs-offer-youth-a-way-out-of-poverty.html>to
be less dependent on aid. The $750 million dollars is in addition to the
$650 million the Gates Foundation has contributed to the Global Fund since
it was launched 10 years ago.

Read more:
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/gates-foundation-pledges-750-million-to-global-fund-infographic.html#ixzz1katcUyOy