PHM-Exch> New Issue: Health and Human Rights

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Dec 15 03:07:19 PST 2011

From: Jessica Moore <jmoore at hsph.harvard.edu>

Issue 13.2 of Health and Human Rights is now online. This issue reports on
diverse rights violations and injustices among marginalized populations
around the globe—from prisoner-patients to labor migrants to those without
potable water. We invite you to visit hhrjournal.org to read the new issue,
and as always, we encourage our readers to become involved with the journal
by submitting articles and blog posts for consideration.

Thank you for your continued interest in our work.

Sincerely,
Jessica Moore Kaplan
Managing Editor, Health and Human Rights
hhrjournal.org
hhropenforum.org

Health and Human Rights: An International Journal
Vol 13, No 2 (2011)

Table of Contents
http://hhrjournal.org/index.php/hhr/issue/view/19

Introduction
--------
Frontmatter
       HHR Journal

Editor's Note
       Paul Farmer

Articles
--------
International law, national policymaking, and the health of trafficked
people in the UK
       Sian Oram,      Cathy Zimmerman,        Brad Adams,     Joanna Busza

Human rights and health disparities for migrant workers in the UAE
       Sevil Sonmez,   Yorghos Apostolopoulos, Diane Tran,     Shantyana
Rentrope

The right to water in rural Punjab: Assessing equitable access to water in
the context of the ongoing punjab rural water supply project
       Shamsher Samra, Julia Crowley,  Mary C. Smith Fawzi

The health and human rights of survivors of gun violence: Charting a
research and policy agenda
       Cate Buchanan

Human rights, mental illness, and HIV: The Luthando neuropsychiatric clinic
in Soweto, South Africa
       Greg Jonsson,   Jennifer Furin, Fatema Jeenah,  M.Y. Moosa,
Reshmi
Sivepersad,     Fran Kalafatis, Janine Schoeman

Developing a human rights-based program for tuberculosis control in Georgian
prisons
       Medea Gegia,    Iagor Kalandadze,       Mikheil Madzgharashvili,
   Jennifer Furin

Equiframe: A framework for analysis of the inclusion of human rights and
vulnerable groups in health policies
       Mutamad Amin,   Malcom MacLachlan,      Hasheem Mannan, Shahla El
Tayeb,        Amani El
Khatim, Leslie Swartz,  Alister Munthali,       Gert Van Rooy,  Joanne
McVeigh, Arne
H. Eide,        Marguerite Schneider

Health and health rights in scientific literature: A systematic review over
a decade
       Emmanuel Kabengele Mpinga,      Henk Verloo,    Leslie London,
 Philippe Chastonay

Book Reviews
--------
Recent health and human rights literature
       Carmel Williams,        Judith Fitzpatrick