PHM-Exch> Don't Moan, Organize! Don't Groan, Mobilize!

access at imaxi.org access at imaxi.org
Wed Nov 16 05:43:06 PST 2011

Don't Moan, Organize! Don't Groan, Mobilize!
Harder times for those who already have tough times are arriving. Poor
people living with diseases such as Cancer, HIV, Diabetes, CVD, COPD,
Hepatitis or TB are now feeling the effects of cruel cut backs in
global or national funding, and decreasing solidarity. Our suffering
grows, and families and caregivers are being burdened more every day.
Austerity has driven dark clouds over the landscape with governments
around the world abandoning their earlier commitments to increase
affordable access to care for hundreds of millions in need. Health
services are being cut-back, essential medicines stocked-out and our
hopes for survival beat down. The human right to health is under
attack from powerful people who do not worry about affording anything.
Unaccountable and top-down health systems, infected by corruption and
vested interests, are not going to lead on finding solutions. It's no
surprise that this state of global health is depressing and
demoralizing people living with life threatening diseases and
advocates everywhere. It's making us sick!

 From the Bronx to Brazzaville, Durban to Delhi, it's now critical to
mobilize to fight for the rights that all the UN Member States (Our
Governments!) have agreed to fulfill. "How can we help this to
happen?" That's one of the key questions that we want and need your
views on. Come to #MeetUpMondays on twitter and SMS — Share-Up
Speak-Up! It's time to Rise-Up for our collective health. Don't Moan,
Organize! Don't  Groan, Mobilize!

http://bit.ly/tT9o2e
www.imaxi.org
#MeetUpMondays