PHM-Exch> Call for Submissions Hlth and HR Journal

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Fri Oct 21 13:58:25 PDT 2011

From: FXB HHR Journal <HHRJOURNAL at hsph.harvard.edu>

*Call for Submissions*

 *Health and Human Rights, *an online scholarly journal published by the FXB
Center for Health and Human Rights <http://www.harvardfxbcenter.org/> at the
Harvard School of Public Health, welcomes submissions. The journal is
published semi-annually, with new issues released in June and December. From
2012, papers in press will be available online, thereby fast-tracking access
to new articles and enabling authors to cite their work. We draw your
attention to the following dates.
*
Volume 14.1 (June 15, 2012) *

Deadline for “intent to submit”: December 15, 2011
Deadline for submissions: January 15, 2012

Original articles (original research, commentary, and analyses) suitable for
scholarly peer review are invited for our "Research" section (3,500–7,000
words). In addition to research papers, we seek manuscripts for our “Review”
section (500–7,000 words) that emerge from and reflect on practical efforts
for the realization of social and economic rights. The form and style of
these pieces is flexible, but they should be of genuine relevance to people
engaged in related work. Like all other submissions, papers for this section
will be peer reviewed.

*Health and Human Rights* welcomes articles that explore the centrality of
the right to health in all social, economic, cultural and environmental
contexts. We are interested particularly in the themes of (1) climate change
and the right to health; (2) health rights and effectiveness of
international treaty law; (3) interdisciplinary explorations of health and
human rights; (4) rights-informed innovations in health program design; (5)
health and human rights as “well-being.”

The editors also invite short letters, brief research or fieldwork
summaries, and short opinion or perspective essays (up to 2,500 words) for
publication as "Letters to the Editor." The editors also invite book reviews
(up to 1,000 words).

Please visit our submissions page <http://hhrjournal.org/submissions.php>for
more information.
Editorial Office
*Health and Human Rights: An International Journal*
François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human Rights
Harvard School of Public Health
FXB Building, 7th Floor
651 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA  02115  USA