PHM-Exch> occupation movement in the US expands

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Oct 13 22:08:18 PDT 2011

From: Matt Anderson <bronxdoc at gmail.com>

As the occupation movement in the US expands the progressive health
community is looking for ways of collaborating with/assisting
the protesters.  They are facing the problems of living in encampments and
are subject to police brutality. I would be interested in thoughts and
comments from members of the PHM community who have experience in similar
situations.

You can respond either to me or (if appropriate) to the entire list.

Matthew Anderson, MD, MSc
Department of Family and Social Medicine
Montefiore Medical Center
Editor, Social Medicine www.socialmedicine.info