PHM-Exch> 90 seconds of inspiration. video on climate

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Aug 11 16:56:50 PDT 2011

From: Maria Hamlin Zuniga <maria at mundonica.com>
*You've got to see this video:*

www.moving-planet.org/video<http://act.350.org/go/203?akid=1188.174931.pZMBQG&t=2>

*You probably know that people around the world are getting ready for
"Moving Planet", the big, bold, beautiful day of climate action that's
happening this September 24th.* But chances are, there are some people in
your network that don't yet know about the big day. *This video lays out an
inspiring vision that can help spread the movement far and wide: take 90
seconds to watch it, and then share it with everyone you
know.<http://act.350.org/go/203?akid=1188.174931.pZMBQG&t=3>
*

On September 24th, we’ll come together in every nation on earth to show that
we’re moving the planet beyond fossil fuels. The diversity of events will be
remarkable: people are planning marches large and small, bike parades that
deliver petitions demanding a clean energy future, and even a kite-powered
protest on the beach.

*Here in India where I live, hundreds of young people will get on their
bikes and encircle a big coal-fired power plant -- and call for green jobs
that can put our country on a path of clean development and lift millions of
people out of poverty.* We’re also seizing on a cool idea that has come out
of our global network: making giant arrow-shaped banners to point in the
direction that we want to move in (away from coal!) and display our goals
for a clean energy future. We hope to see similar arrows all across the
planet, pointing away from fossil fuels and towards the solutions we need to
get back to 350 ppm.

I'm also making sure that we take at least one iconic photo of our event in
India to upload to the Moving Planet website when our event is over.
350.org<http://act.350.org/go/19?akid=1188.174931.pZMBQG&t=4>organizers
in New York City will be delivering photos from the Moving Planet
events directly to world leaders attending the United Nations General
Assembly -- and displaying them on screens near the meeting. Together, we
can show decision makers that it's time to get out of neutral and start
moving quickly towards a clean energy future.

*We won't just demonstrate that another world is possible -- we'll show that
we're already building it from the ground up.* It's a world based on bikes,
not cars. It's a world based on renewable energy, not tar sands oil. Most of
all, it's a world that cares more about the rights of people and the health
of our planet than the profits of polluters.

To create this world, we'll need a massive movement -- and that movement
will be built by people like you.

Take a minute to watch the video and pass it on to everyone you
know<http://act.350.org/go/203?ak_proof=1&akid=.18130.unDOoj&t=4&akid=1188.174931.pZMBQG&t=5>.

>From India to Indiana to Indonesia, we'll move the planet away from fossil
fuels.

Let's go,

Chaitanya Kumar (and the rest of the 350.org team)

P.S. Spreading the message of a rising movement can help it rise even
further -- we hope you'll share this video far and wide via email,
Facebook<http://act.350.org/go/204?akid=1188.174931.pZMBQG&t=6>,
and Twitter <http://act.350.org/go/205?akid=1188.174931.pZMBQG&t=7>!
------------------------------

*350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate
crisis.* Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public
actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in
over 188 countries. You can join 350.org on Facebook by becoming a fan of
our page at facebook.com/350org and follow us on twitter by visiting
twitter.com/350. To join our list (maybe a friend forwarded you this e-mail)
visit www.350.org/signup. To support our work, donate securely online at
350.org/donate.

*What is 350? *350 is the number that leading scientists say is the safe
upper limit for carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. Scientists measure carbon
dioxide in "parts per million" (ppm), so 350ppm is the number humanity needs
to get below as soon as possible to avoid runaway climate change. To get
there, we need a different kind of PPM–a "people powered movement" that is
made of people like you in every corner of the planet.