PHM-Exch> PHM Right to Health Campaign update Aug 2011.

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Aug 2 22:24:32 PDT 2011

It is time again to give an update where the campaign has gone since the
beginning of this year.

As many of you know, the campaign underwent an internal evaluation. A PHM
committee was formed last year. It carried out a survey of around 20
campaign sites in as many countries. Once the results were in, a phone or
skype follow-up contact was made to clarify issues and to gather additional
information.

This valuable information was used by the committee in repeated skype
meetings to draft a document outlining where the campaign is going to go
from now on.

The first draft of the document was sent to PHM’s Steering Council for
comments.

Based on the comments received, the committee finalized the document and is
suggesting a chronogram for the resumption of activities. These are now been
sent back to the Steering Council for final approval.

 We expect to have this approval shortly and we will then make the document
public to our members, particularly to those PHM circles already involved in
the campaign and those that had manifested an interest to start the
campaign.

The evaluation process has indeed taken longer than we had expected, but the
results warrant the wait. Things will re-accelerate from now till PHA3 and
in it we will have campaign related activities and meetings.

Countries we have been dealing with in the past that either have a campaign
or have expressed an interest are:

Kenya

Djibouti

Cameroun

Togo

Benin

DRC

Congo

Zimbabwe

Burkina Faso

Uganda

Gabon

South Africa

Mali

Nigeria

Ghana

Morocco

Guatemala

Bolivia

Uruguay

Argentina

Brasil

Colombia

Peru

UK

The Philippines

Nepal

Pakistan

India

Bangladesh

If we have forgotten somebody in this list, or some PHM circle wants to be
added, let us know at globalsecretariat at phmovement.org

We remind you that starting the campaign has often been a step to organize a
PHM circle in a country where we do not have one yet.. Movement building is
an important objective of the campaign.

*General information on the campaign can be found at
*www.phmovement.org  *following
the link to ‘campaigns’.*