PHM-Exch> Malaysian Health Activist- Dr M.Jeyakumar Devaraj...Good news

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sun Jul 31 10:11:37 PDT 2011

From: anwar fazal <anwarfazal2004 at yahoo.com>

Dr M.Jayakumar,a leading Malaysian health activist,  has been released by
the  government of Malaysia after nearly a month in detention.We thank the
streams of people from all over the world who sent their messages of
solidarity. It made a difference.

salaams...anwar fazal

* *
*  *
*  *

*Jeyakumar, the activist doctor*
*Khoo Boo Teik
Jul 14, 11
6:44am*
10 friends can read this story for free
*COMMENT* Dr Jeyakumar Devaraj, or Kumar as I call him, is a public figure
of enormous stature. Very much respected for his achievements and
contributions to medicine and public health in Malaysia, he was the
recipient of the Malaysian Medical Association's 1999 Award for Community
Service.

As a government physician, Kumar served many years in hospitals in Penang,
Sarawak and Perak, and chose optional retirement when he ran in the 1999
general elections. In addition, Kumar is a tireless social advocate and
activist.

**