PHM-Exch> Web Report of the Global Breastfeeding Partners' Forum

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Jul 27 10:52:21 PDT 2011

From: waba <waba at waba.org.my>

**

We are very pleased to inform you that the web report of the Global
Breastfeeding Partners' Forum (GBPF) held in October 2010 is now available
on our website at http://www.waba.org.my/events/wabaevents/GBPM2010/reports.htm

For those who participated in the event as well as those who did not, the
web report gives enough of an overview of the GBPF to know what took place
and the recommendations from each of the workshops. A four page Highlights
report is also available for those who want a quick look at the major
outcomes of the GBPF (
http://www.waba.org.my/events/wabaevents/GBPM2010/pdf/gbpf4pager.pdf) while
a photo gallery has been set up on WABA's Facebook page (
http://www.facebook.com/groups/31307243403) showing the people involved, the
celebration, the action, the colours and the mood of the event!

Let us continue to be inspired by what we have done collectively and what we
need to continue doing to act on the  recommendations and pledges made
during the Forum. Such an event is never static; and as a movement, we give
life and meaning to an event like the GBPF when we actually bring the
messages and the commitments back to where each of us work and live.

I hope you will all find this report useful and inspiring. I want to thank
the team of volunteer note takers, and the Secretariat for making it
available. I also want to once again thank WABA's Core Partners for making
this event possible and giving *the breastfeeding movement an occasion to
Revisit Innocenti after 20 years!*

Please send us feedback if you find the report useful, and inform us of any
follow-up that you or your group has taken as a result of the GBPF.

Sarah Amin
WABA Director