PHM-Exch> WATCH: New ESCR-Net film about Social Movements! / ¡VER: Nuevo video sobre Movimientos Sociales!

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Jul 14 15:20:52 PDT 2011

From: ESCR-Net Social Movements Working Group / Grupo de Trabajo de los
Movimientos Sociales <tgelbspan at escr-net.org>

If you are having trouble viewing this email, click
here<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/71b688ad5c9fdc93fbea13b3f4680202?pa=4418361637>to
open in a web browser.
Si no puede ver este mensaje, haga clic
aquí<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/090782113bd7a0cbf3b645bac116d69a?pa=4418361637>para
abrir un navegador web.

Or, to view on our website, click here:
English<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/8d3dc49a84e6a468ad41c163ebda65ee?pa=4418361637>|
Español<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/614b77bcf763b9f52dfcb482c317fc08?pa=4418361637>
O, para ver en nuestra página web, clic aquí:
English<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/8d3dc49a84e6a468ad41c163ebda65ee?pa=4418361637>|
Español<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/614b77bcf763b9f52dfcb482c317fc08?pa=4418361637>

WATCH: New ESCR-Net film Human Rights For and By the People: Securing
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights from Below!

 ESCR-Net, in collaboration with the Media Mobilizing Project, is excited to
launch the online version of our new documentary film project-- *Human
Rights For and By the People: Securing Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
from Below!* This film visually represents the experiences and expertise of
members of our Social Movements and Grassroots Working Group, in sharing
common challenges to making human rights a reality, the power of the human
rights framework, effective strategies, and successful examples of
collective advocacy. We hope these experiences will help enrich our ongoing
collaborative efforts to make economic, social and cultural rights a reality
for all.

WATCH this video in
English<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/68a40fa427abcbd1e3da039e2fe808ad?pa=4418361637>or
Spanish<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/b03a23695f5c6ac94ccf620ded0145eb?pa=4418361637>,
either in its full 1 hour version or in separate chapters below.

Please visit the new sections of ESCR-Net's website related to the work of
the Social Movement Working
Group<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/3cb5ffa8b2a078ce221ecda34e3b6a11?pa=4418361637>to
see updated information concerning several new areas of work, as well
as
a report from the 2010 Solidarity Visit in
Brazil<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/5038ee0d0aa86ddf71c48e97572c83e9?pa=4418361637>
.

<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/2f4bdd6dbbdf52a08aace95fb62955fe?pa=4418361637>

 Chapter 1: Why Social
Movements?<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/a1ac1e66df1a26b11d18d88325b61cfb?pa=4418361637>

Chapter 2: Why Human
Rights?<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/6af7bc9bf7f73cdab4d3a25a0de13035?pa=4418361637>

Chapter 3: What are Economic, Social and Cultural
rights?<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/99cbb6d58026e1e4c58dccb03b6e96f5?pa=4418361637>

Chapter 4: Challanges and
Obsticles<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/2d681dfab3a165322c974a5eb9838a4a?pa=4418361637>

Chapter 5: Strategies and
Successes<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/0c30126b3ee1b0cfaaea1058aa18e9e2?pa=4418361637>

Chapter 6: Building Collective Alliances of Solidarity and
Support<http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/f41cf42a2138b50d35e0139b2f4740f9?pa=4418361637>

*We send warm thanks to our Social Movement Working Group members who
offered their time and insights to make this documentary a success. Special
appreciation to Shivaani Selvaraj, Irit Reinheimer and Rebekah Scotland and
for assisting us through this film production every step of the way.*