PHM-Exch> new journal: Health Culture and Society

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Jun 22 12:04:49 PDT 2011

   From:    drupendrabhojani at gmail.com
Subject: Announcing and inviting papers for new journal: Health Culture and
Society

We are glad to announce the beginning of a new journal, "Health, Culture and
Society" (See attached Call For Papers). The journal is completely open
access. It will promote critical studies, disseminate important contemporary
research and act as an international podium for the exchange of new ideas,
strategies and practices.  The journal is geared towards an
inter-disciplinary approach to issues of health, culture and society.
Further details of the journal may be found on the website of the journal
hosted on the University of Pittsburgh website - http://hcs.pitt.edu.

On behalf of the journal, I am inviting contributions from you to the
journal given your knowledge, experience and expertise in the areas under
the scope of the journal (get full details of the subjects from me at my
adress above). Please note that the deadline for submission of articles is
July 15th. Contributions in English are preferred and the limit of which is
9,000 words including notes and bibliography. Considering the paucity of
time, I hope you will be able to contribute at least one article to the
inaugural issue. Please feel free to disseminate this call for papers among
your friends and colleagues and partner institutions.

We understand that the time is short for submission, but with your expertise
and experience we are sure that you will be able to contribute to the
journal. To enable the completion of a peer-review, we hope you will be able
to submit articles on or before July 15th.

We thank you for your time and look forward to receiving the article. In
case you have any further clarification, comments or suggestion do not
hesitate to get in touch with the journal at
http://hcs.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/hcs. Do not forget to register at the
website for periodic issue alerts and updates.