PHM-Exch> Take Action: Make Aid Transparent

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Jun 15 20:14:31 PDT 2011

From: vern weitzel <vern.weitzel at gmail.com>

*From: *AID/WATCH E-Bulletin <aidwatch at lists.aidwatch.org.au>
*
*Take Action: Make Aid Transparent * <http://www.makeaidtransparent.org/>

*AID/WATCH* along with a coalition of more than forty civil society
organisations from twenty countries around the world are calling on
governments and other aid donors to publish more and better information
about the money they give.

If targeted well, foreign aid can make a positive contribution to improving
people's lives, reducing inequality and promoting justice. *But at the
moment no one knows exactly how much money is being spent, where or on
what.* This undermines aid's potential and its effectiveness. With more
information, citizens in both donor and recipient countries could know
whether aid money was having the best possible impact.

This is why we are calling on donors to make their aid more transparent.
Providing more and better information about aid isn't hard, but it will help
save lives, reduce corruption and waste and deliver lasting positive change
in the world's poorest countries.

As citizens we have a right to know how aid money is being spent. *So please
join the campaign and sign the petition to make aid transparent now. <
http://www.makeaidtransparent.org/> *Your voice will make a difference.
Governments are reviewing their commitments and if they feel public pressure
they will redouble efforts to keep their promises.

Sign the petition at: www.makeaidtransparent.org <
http://www.makeaidtransparent.org/>

AID/WATCH
19 Eve St. Erskineville