PHM-Exch> Doctors for Global Health General Assembly July 2011

Laura Turiano phm at turiano.org
Fri Mar 25 11:57:35 PDT 2011

Dear friends of DGH,

I am writing to invite you to the 16th Annual Doctors for Global Health
General Assembly, to be held this summer, July 29th to 31st, at Loyola
Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA.  Our theme this year is "Community
Action for Health and Social Justice:  Health begins where we work, live and
play".  The flyer for the conference is attached.

Please pass on to co-workers, friends, or fellow students who may be
interested.

Also, if you are planning to come and want to be more involved, please let
me know if you would like to help with local planning such as the evening
social events, hospitality, public relations, grant writing, etc.

For more information and details about the conference, please visit
dghonline.org <http://dghonline.org> .  Online registration will be
available by April 1st.

Sincerely,

Linda Sharp, MD
Secretary, Doctors for Global Health

PS- There are scholarships available for students and others with special
needs!

DETAILED INFORMATION:

Doctors for Global Health 16th Annual General Assembly

also People's Health Movement-USA meeting July 28th and 29th (prior to the
GA)

COMMUNITY ACTION FOR HEALTH AND SOCIAL JUSTICE:

Health Begins Where We Work, Live, and Play

July 29th-31st, 2011

Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA

Keynote speakers -

America Bracho, MD- Executive Director of Latino Health Access.

Theresa and Blase Bonpane- founders of Office of The Americas

Panel discussions:

Health and Human Rights of Migrant Communities

Steven Wallace, PhD- UCLA Center for Health Policy Research

Kyrsten Sinema- Arizona State House of Representatives

DREAM Act students

Irma Cruz Nava, MD- CEPAFOS, Oaxaca, Mexico

Samaritans Patrol of Arizona

The Right to Food and Food Justice:

Anuradha Mittal- Executive Director of the Oakland Institute

Anje Van Berckelaer, MD- Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar

(others TBA)

There will be lively discussions and updates from our partner communities
around the world.  Registration available online after April 1, 2011.

Other activities:

Tour of Father Greg Boyle's Homeboy Industries and Skid Row

Update on People's Health Movement-USA

Lively conversations, networking, socializing, and music

KPFK Pacifica Radio is the proud media sponsor for this event!

------ End of Forwarded Message