PHM-Exch> UN Gen Assembly on NCDs (2)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Mar 23 23:47:04 PDT 2011

From: Abdulai Bangura <gbondoab2003 at yahoo.com>

With regards to the UN General Assembly on NCDs I have personally taken a
move to make my contribution by writing a letter to the Minister of
Health in my country asking for the inclution of the Mental Health in the
agenda for the fortcoming assembly.
In my contry, Sierra Leone, one of the mediun of communication between the
public servants and the general public is through suggetion boxes. These
boxes are displayed in every public office that is meant to host the
suggestions from the public to the officials of the office. This is
exactly the channel I have used to put my suggestion across. I am very much
hopeful that this will surely make an impact since every note placed in
those boxes are carefully looked at and action taken by the official
concerned.
Yours sicerely,
Abdulai Gbondo Bangura.