PHM-Exch> Re Book: "Preserving the UN" PRESS RELEASE

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Nov 17 08:29:02 PST 2010

Theodore MacDonald PhD, MD, FRSM is Spreading the Word About Pre-

serving the United Nations!

Theodore MacDonald PhD, MD, FRSM is pleased to announce the release of
his new book

Preserving the United Nations.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Professor Theodore MacDonald PhD, MD, FRSM, has practiced for much of
his life as a medical doctor in Third World countries, and has held
professorships in medicine, community health and mathematics at a
number of universities in Australia, the United States, the UK and in
the South Pacific. He is widely published and frequently consulted on
educational and public health issues. He has lectured at universities
throughout the world. He has written more than 300 research papers and
over 30 books. MacDonald and his wife, Christine, live in the West
Sussex countryside in England, and are both active in promoting human
rights, education and public health issues.

A number of the author's previous books have been awarded literary
awards, most recently being First Prize in 2008 by the Medical
Journalists' Association while another was awarded the 2006 British
Medical Book Competition Prize.

View the Press release <http://www.aegauthorsedge.com/press_releases/MacDona

ld,%20Theodore,%20Preserving%20the%20United%20Nations%20Our%20Best%20Hope%20For%20Mediating%20Human%20Rights-PR%20Final.pdf>

Preserving the United Nations

When the United Nations first became a reality in 1945 following the
devastation wrought by World War II, the organization called for the
maintenance of peace, international security and respect for human
rights. If the United Nations is to uphold that noble mandate,
especially in its role as a global mediator of human rights, reforms
in its management structure are necessary.

The important new book Preserving the United Nations delineates the
foundational errors present in 1945, how these errors impact on the
organization's mission, and the remedies necessary to make the United
Nations work as it was intended.

"Splendid, thorough, balanced ... astonishingly accessible, informing
and inspiring. Theodore MacDonald writes with passion and sense. Much
of what he has to say is drawn from his own experience in several of
the world's poorest nations. Overarching that is a powerful insight
into global social and economic issues, along with his well-honed
skill as a communicator." - Desmond M. Tutu, Archbishop Emeritus,
Capetown, South Africa.