PHM-Exch> Food for a public barometer thought

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Oct 7 07:20:36 PDT 2010

Human rights Reader 249

*WE ARE EXPOSED TO A HAMBURGER JOURNALISM FILLED WITH FAST FOOD, WITH HUMAN
RIGHTS PREJUDICES, WITH PROPAGANDA AND WITH OVERSIMPLIFICATIONS.* (P.
Rahola)

-Social immobility ends up being the result of weak consensus.…and reports
of growing civic discontent are typically not found in newspaper columns.

-By presenting us with half-truths or by its silence, the mainstream media
do provide us with what the French call ‘la lethargie des mots’. I accuse
this media of producing social indifference.

Because of what we read in the title, it really is now the public who asks
for more of this fast food information. The question is: Has the media made
us junkies?

Read the full Reader at

http://wp.me/plAxa-1ei

Claudio