PHM-Exch> Comprehensive PHC Grey Literature Review

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Sep 29 01:53:53 PDT 2010

On 9/29/2010 1:30 AM, Kathleen Vissers wrote:

 Greetings from the Health Equity Committee, Ottawa, Canada.

As you might already know, an international group of community health
practitioners, researchers and activists under the broad umbrella of
People’s Health Movement (PHM) and International People’s Health University
(IPHU) have been successful in their application for the “Global Health
Research Initiative” and have been awarded the “Teasdale-Corti Grant” for
their *4 year research-in-action proposal titled “Revitalizing Health For
All: Learning >From Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC)
Experiences”. * Research
has been ongoing.

The main objective of the research has been to set up and strengthen a
global network to increase the understanding of, and support for, CPHC as a
basis for health systems revitalization, among researchers, practitioners,
policy-makers and civil society organizations (CSOs). Towards the same, the
research project aims to study CPHC projects and their impact, integrated
with training of CPHC researchers, activists and policy makers with a view
of revitalizing the concept and movement of Health for All.

You were contacted in the past to aid us with a grey literature review,
which was very successful. Work is now in progress to update the grey
literature review, which only contained material up to 2007. We would like
to publish a paper in the near future concerning this material however we
are in great need of more recent grey literature (2008-present) if we are to
publish a complete and up-to-date paper.

We write this mail with the request for your help in making this grey
literature review a comprehensive and effective process. Towards this
regards we will appreciate your help in sending us, sharing with us and
directing us to any of the grey literature available on CPHC
experiences in*India, Bangladesh, Bhutan
**, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, Palestine, Iran and Philippines*.

 The grey literature may include and not be restricted to following types of
the information:

   - Reports (Evaluation reports, pre-prints, preliminary progress and
   advanced reports, technical reports, statistical reports, memoranda,
   state-of-the art reports, market research reports, case study reports, NGO
   reports, etc.)
   - Conceptual and working papers on PHC activities
   - Annual reports of organizations involved in PHC
   - Newsletters, Working papers, Fact sheets, Bulletins about PHC
   experiences
   - Government reports, Documents, Policies on PHC
   - Thesis, Dissertations, Study reports, Conference proceedings
   - Technical and commercial documentation, and official documents
   - Reports about components of CPHC (e.g. Training of Community Health
   Workers, Community Participation, etc.)

We would also be happy if you can also send us the details of such
literature/projects you have come across but not in possession of documents.
If enough identification details about the project can be given, we will
make our best efforts to contact the concerned organizations/people to
obtain details.

What we are requesting is sharing your time, invaluable knowledge and
information in this solidarity mission of revitalizing the movement of
Health for All.

We hope to hear a positive response from you at earliest.

Kathleen Vissers

Research Assistant

Institute of Population Health / Institut de recherche sur la santé des
populations
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

e-mail:  kviss100 at uottawa.ca <rlabonte at uottawa.ca>