PHM-Exch> EPES International SUMMER Training Course on Popular Education in Health (Chile)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Sep 15 02:10:01 PDT 2010

From: Karenleean <karenleean at aol.com>

The EPES Foundation in Chile (Educación Popular en Salud) invites you to
participate in our Second *International Training Course on Popular
Education in Health:*
 *Dignity, Empowerment and Equity:
Participatory and Community-Based Strategies for Health
With Special Emphasis on EPES **Post Earthquake and Tsunami **Community
Recovery Work
 When:     January 4 to 14, 2011
Where:     Santiago and Concepción Chile*

The training course combines classroom debate with hands-on learning with
EPES-trained community health teams. EPES invites you to experience the
participatory popular education strategies used during our 28 years of
community action for health and dignity in Chile.  The course will allow you
to get to know Chile from the vantage point of the urban poor and their
fight for the right to health in the context of political transition, health
sector privatization, poverty and profound socio-cultural change.

The course is directed towards public health students and professionals,
educators, church and global mission workers, activists for social justice
and development.

Please go to www.epes.cl for further information. The flier with complete
information is attached. *Limited scholarships are available; the deadline
for applications is October 15, 2010.*

We look forward to an amazing class with students from throughout the region
who are interested in a truly unique learning experience.