PHM-Exch> Happy Mothers Day from WHO

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Fri May 7 07:55:34 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Islam, Quazi Monirul <islamm at who.int>
Date: Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Subject: Happy Mothers Day

 *Every minute a woman dies during pregnancy and childbirth. Newborns are
more vulnerable. *

*Together we can prevent these silent tragedies.*

 *Dear all,*

*On the occasion of Mother's Day 2010, we invite the global community to
support our efforts to provide quality facility care to all women and
newborn.*
* We will ensure that:

- Quality skilled care is provided for all women during pregnancy,
childbirth and the immediate postnatal period.

- Facilities in communities and districts have required skilled staff and
are equipped with key supplies and vital commodities needed to save women's
and newborns' lives.

- Care to pregnant women to manage life-threatening complications and reduce
pregnancy-related mortality and morbidity.

Mothers and their newborns around the world should thrive and celebrate many
Mother’s Days in the years to come.  Click on
http://www.who.int/making_pregnancy_safer/events/2010/happy_mother_day_2010/en/index.html

 *

********

*Dr Q.M. Islam*