PHM-Exch> IBFAN: Nestle challenged over health claims which tell mothers that baby milk will 'protect' their babies.

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sun Apr 18 03:35:04 PDT 2010

From: Patti Rundall prundall at babymilkaction.org

  Nestle challenged over health claims which tell mothers that baby milk
will 'protect' their babies.
 Nestle Annual Shareholder Meeting, Palais de Beaulieu, Lausanne,
Switzerland
*15th April 2010*
*
*
*Dear all *
*
*
This was probably one of the most dramatic Shareholder meetings that I can
remember - though the time that the Tom Butler, the Bishop of Leicester in
1993 challenged them comes a close second.  (sorry this is Update 11 so I
can't give a weblink)

But the brilliant Greenpeace stunt certainly lifted our spirits and caused a
major headache to Nestle.  It started with a horrendous drilling sound that
almost blocked out Peter Brabeck's speech. Pat Venditti of Greenpeace was
sitting in front of me so I tapped him on the should and said: "is this
Greenpeace?"  he said, "Maybe".   Then sawdust started to trickle down from
the ceiling, thousands on leaflets followed by two absailers with huge
banner. Fantastic!

See on line version for the links to pictures and video of what happened and
my intervention on the policy blog that Mike has set up.

Thanks to all your help with the information and let's hope the Greenpeace
people are let out of prison soon.

 http://info.babymilkaction.org/pressrelease/pressrelease17apr10
http://info.babymilkaction.org/node/168