PHM-Exch> Universal Periodic Review Toolkit (UN)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Jan 7 16:43:47 PST 2010

   From:    phm at turiano.org
  Below is information on a new tool to help civil society organizations
understand and participate in the new Universal Periodic Review process of
the United Nations. It is oriented towards the US, but most of the
information applies to any country. I thought PHM related groups might find
it useful.

The Human Rights Project (HRP) at the Urban Justice Center is starting off
2010 with the release of a toolkit on the Universal Periodic Review (UPR), a
new human rights mechanism of the United Nations. Please click on the
following link to read or download the UPR toolkit *
http://www.hrpujc.org/documents/UPRtoolkit.pdf**.

*We hope it will serve as a helpful tool for advocates that are interested
in learning about and participating in the UPR process, and that advocates
will use the UPR to advance a domestic human rights agenda. Please share
this toolkit widely, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions
or want to share feedback. Thanks and have a great year!

*Tatiana Bejar**
*Human Rights Project
Urban Justice Center
  New York*tbejar at urbanjustice.org <Yorktbejar at urbanjustice.org>*>