PHM-Exch> Updated edition of 'Disabled Village Children' available

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Jul 28 17:23:15 PDT 2009

Hello from Hesperian, publishers of Where There Is No Doctor and other books
on health. Sorry if this is a crossposting -- we’re writing to let you know
that the new, updated edition of our benchmark book on community-based
rehabilitation, Disabled Village
Children<http://www.hesperian.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=HB&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=B040>,
has just arrived, and it’s now available for free
download<http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download.php>.

As people with disabilities assert their right to participate in a more just
society, Disabled Village Children provides tools that allow children with
disabilities to develop more self-confidence and self-reliance. We recently
received a letter demonstrating how a boy named Jaime in El Salvador used
Disabled Village Children to help fulfill his dream of attending school --
for the full story, please see our
blog<http://hesperian.typepad.com/weblog/2009/07/disabled-village-children-inspires-change-in-el-salvador-.html>.

"Disabled Village Children is beautiful as well as extremely useful."
-USAID

Helping Children Who Are Blind, Helping Children Who Are Deaf, and A Health
Handbook for Women with Disabilities are also available for free download.
If you’re considering helping a community in need by having us send a
disabled children’s gift set in your name, or someone else’s name.

Hesperian
Ingrid at hesperian.org