PHM-Exch> Optional protocol campaign

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Jul 14 18:38:40 PDT 2009

Take Action Now!

The NGO Coalition for an Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (OP-ICESCR)  has launched a petition in
support of the Optional Protocol to the ICESCR, asking States of the world
to ensure that access to justice and the right to an effective remedy become
a reality for victims of all human rights;  urging them to become a party to
the OP-ICESCR when it opens for signature on September 24, 2009; to ensure
that it enters into force as soon as possible; and to take all necessary
steps to fully implement the OP-ICESCR without delay. In addition we call on
those countries that are not yet a party to the International Covenant on
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights to ratify or accede to this treaty
immediately and to also sign to its Optional Protocol in September 24.

We ask all of you as organizations and individuals committed with the
enforcement of economic, social and cultural rights to please support this
petition, by taking 3 steps:

ENDORSE THE PETITION using the link below  - you may do so on behalf of your
organization and/or in your individual capacity.

Add information about the petition onto your website and a link to it:
http://www.protectallhumanrights.org/en .  In addition please email this
information to your networks and partners, requesting that they do the same

Collect signatures at meetings, gatherings, events in your community and
school etc.  A printable version of the petition is available.

For more information please visit our site  or contact us at
op-coalition at escr-net.org