PHM-Exch> Theme issue on 'Medicine in the Era of Globalization' now online!

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Fri Jul 3 09:59:07 PDT 2009

From: Tanyaporn Wansom wansomt at gmail.com

I just wanted to let you know about this month's issue of Virtual
Mentor, *Medicine
in the Era of Globalization*, available at www.virtualmentor.org.  To see
the whole issue's table of contents, just click on the 'Current Issue' tab
at the top of the screen.

I served as the theme editor of the issue, so was responsible for coming up
with the theme, writing the three clinical cases at the beginning of the
journal and the letter from the editor, choosing topics for each of the
articles, soliciting authors, and editing each piece with the Chicago-based
staff.  My issue explores access to medicines, 'brain drain', the ethics of
conducting research in low and middle-income countries, medical education,
open access publishing, and other topics.

I hope you enjoy the journal, and please let me know if you have any
comments or feedback on it!