PHM-Exch> Voices of 45000 People Reach World Health Assembly with a Call to Save Newborn Lives:

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Jun 4 10:34:37 PDT 2009

From: OneMillionCampaign mail at onemillioncampaign.org

*Voices of 45000 People Reach World Health Assembly with a Call to Save
Newborn Lives:*

* *

Last week, IBFAN, the International Baby Food Action Network, made a  clear
call when it introduced  its ‘One Million Campaign: Support Women to
Breastfeed’ ( http://onemillioncampaign.org) at World Health Assembly in
Geneva. The IBFAN team submitted a
petition<http://onemillioncampaign.org/media/WHA-09/letter-Chairperson-WHA-2009.pdf>to
the President of 62nd World Health Assembly, Mr. NS de Silva,
Minister of Healthcare Sri Lanka, signed by more than 45000
people<http://onemillioncampaign.org/media/WHA-09/countryWiseUsers-online-offline-1.pdf>from
161  countries..
Click here <http://onemillioncampaign.org/press-release1.aspx>

* *

* *

*TELL YOUR FRIENDS*

* *

*Click here* <http://onemillioncampaign.org/en/Details_Petitions.aspx>

* *

* *

*We are now requesting you to Create a “WARM CHAIN OF SUPPORT FOR WOMEN”
Motivate FIVE More Friends to sign up! We need to continue to have more and
more people signed up and submit petitions to others global forums. *

* *

Thanks for your continued support to the ONE MILLION CAMPAIGN- Support Women
to Breastfeed

More than 47000 people have already signed, you can help increase the number
of voices! http://www.onemillioncampaign.org/en/Details_Petitions.aspx<http://onemillioncampaign.org/en/Details_Petitions.aspx>

* *

*45 People to receive an AWARD*

We are extremely thankful for your efforts to putting the ONE MILLION
CAMPAIGN well on its way to reaching a million voices. As a small token of
appreciation, we are randomly picking up 45 people, one out of every
thousand persons who signed up, for an award – a handcrafted pendant in
traditional Indian design. The names of awardees will be put up on the
campaign website next week. The recipients will also be informed
individually by email

* *

*Don’t forget to check  out a Speaker’s Kit  PPT on “Women Need Support to
Breastfeed Successfully” prepared by Dr. Arun Gupta and a 10 minute video on
campaign  by **Mike Brady, Campaigns and Networking Coordinator, Baby Milk
Action asking people to sign up to the ONE MILLION CAMPAIGN calling on
politicians to stop baby food companies pushing formula and misleading
mothers. ...**     ** at
http://onemillioncampaign.org/en/Resources1Temp.aspx*

Thanks!

Team ONE MILLION CAMPAIGN- Support Women to Breastfeed

www.onemillioncampaign.org <http://http/www.onemillioncampaign.org>